How to install Java Development Kit 13 in Ubuntu 19.0
Installing the Java Development Kit (JDK) in Ubuntu is quite a simple process as shown below.
- First of all, open your terminal and run these commands for an update and upgrade
sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade -y
- Next install the latest open-source jdk using the following command
sudo apt install openjdk-13-jre-headless
- Verify your java version using the following commands
- Now we have to add the java jdk to the environment path.
sudo gedit /etc/profile
Add the following lines to the file
- Now save the file and exit. Then you log out and login to your system.
- To test your installation, type this in the terminal to verify